This polydesmida.info domain has websites with general information about the millipede order Polydesmida, sometimes called 'flatback millipedes'; about Australian millipedes and Tasmanian centipedes, millipedes and velvet worms; and about data-related topics. Currently there are five separate websites:
- External Anatomy of Polydesmida is a guide to this millipede order for students, teachers and naturalists.
- Millipedes of Australia is a resource for taxonomists. It lists all the scientifically named millipedes in Australia with their taxonomic details, and offers more than 12000 locality records for named species as downloadable CSV and KML files.
- Tasmanian Multipedes is a naturalist's guide to the centipedes, millipedes, Symphyla, Pauropoda and velvet worms of Tasmania. The site was 'frozen' on 25 September 2013 and I no longer maintain it.
- Locations in Tasmania is a guide to latitude/longitude, UTM grid references, datums, GPS use and other basics of spatial data.
- A Data Cleaner's Cookbook is a collection of recipes, tips and tricks for data auditing and cleaning on the command line.
For information about me and my publications, click here.
West Ulverstone, Tasmania, Australia
robert (dot) mesibov (at) gmail (dot) com